Hans Wegner Vintage Sawbuck Chairs for Carl Hansen CH28 in Oak & Leather, 1951
An icon of 20th century seating design still celebrated 72 years after its introduction—the Sawbuck chair by Hans Wegner for Carl Hansen, 1951. Montaperto Studios is pleased to offer a vintage pair in Oak and top grain brown Italian leather. Very good vintage condition, with original manufacturer’s mark present to underside.
This is the fully upholstered version of this design, which triumphs in comfort and aesthetics over the purely wooden seat and back configurations. Strength where you need it, comfort where you feel it. Pair is available for viewing in Brooklyn, NY.
Free pickup available from our 22nd St. South Slope location.
- Creator: Hans J. Wegner (Designer),Carl Hansen (Manufacturer)
- Design: Sawbuck Chair
- Dimensions: Height: 30.25 in (76.84 cm)Width: 30 in (76.2 cm)Depth: 29 in (73.66 cm)Seat Height: 16 in (40.64 cm)
- Sold As: Set of 2
- Style: Scandinavian Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques: Leather,Oak
- Place of Origin: Denmark
- Period: 1950-1959
- Date of Manufacture: 1951
- Condition: GoodReupholstered. Wear consistent with age and use. Excellent vintage condition.