Vintage Set of Six Signed Hans J. Wegner "W2" Chairs in Teak & Vinyl, 1950s
An iconic example of Wegner's historic oeuvre within the field of Scandinavian seating design, here we have a gorgeously preserved set of six "W2" chairs in solid old-growth teak, with original upholstery in black vinyl. All examples feature maker's mark to inside of undercarriage stretchers--see images. This set is in very good vintage condition, no losses or flaws--slight signs of age and gentle use with deep patination and rich tone throughout.
The set is pictured here with another marvel of Wegner's making, his attractive and supremely functional AT-316 extension dining table in matching and evenly aged teak made by the inimitable Andreas Tuck. The chairs were acquired from a collector and original owner paired with the table, and we can offer both listings as a dining set, or separately.
- C.M. Madsen(Cabinetmaker),
- Hans J. Wegner (Designer)
- Height: 29.63 in. (75.27 cm)
- Width: 21.63 in. (54.95 cm)
- Depth: 18 in. (45.72 cm)
- Seat Height: 18 in. (45.72 cm)
- Scandinavian Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture
- Refinished. Wear consistent with age and use. excellent vintage condition.