Vintage Arne Hovmand-Olsen for Mogens Kold Teak Lounge Chair-Denmark, 1960's
A lovely and dynamically-proportioned lounge or easy chair attributed to Arne Hovmand-Olsen and manufactured by Mogens Kold Møbelfabrik (metal manufacturer's stamp to underside) in sculpted teak and original boucle wool upholstery. Deeply patinated teak lends visual contrast against the off-white upholstery. Completely original condition down the the seat straps and brass hardware. Sophisticated seat cushion and backrest mounting system consisting of custom brass spacers which create a suspended effect to the panels keeping the design very airy and light.
Hovmand-Olsen’s designs span seating, tables, and secretaries, all of which are characteristically simple in form with clean lines, organic curves, and tapered legs. Like many of his Danish contemporaries, he favored the use of high-quality, beautifully grained woods like teak and rosewood. Notable designs include his Model 175 chair (1955)—which is often mistaken for N.O. Møller’s Model 77 chair due to their similar forms—and the Model 240 Lounge Chair for Mogens Kold (1958).
- Mogens Kold Møbelfabrik(Manufacturer)
- Attributed to
- Arne Hovmand-Olsen(Designer)
- Height: 28.5 in. (72.39 cm)
- Width: 26 in. (66.04 cm)
- Depth: 28.5 in. (72.39 cm)
- Seat Height: 15.25 in. (38.74 cm)
- Scandinavian Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture
- Wear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. very good vintage condition, wear consistent with age and use--prima patina, original upholstery.