- Bent-Laminated Beech Figurative Valet in the Manner of Alvar Aalto, USA, 1950s
Bent-Laminated Beech Figurative Valet in the Manner of Alvar Aalto, USA, 1950s
Playful bent-laminated beech valet in the shape of a standing figure, United States circa 1950. This piece can support a hat as well as jackets and features a solid beech "vide poche" in which keys and pocket items can be placed for safe keeping. Just as attractive bare or dressed, this humorous piece can start a great conversation, or can serve as a useful but fun accent anywhere else in the home. This piece remains in good vintage condition, with a lovely tone to the wood throughout and charming signs of age and gentle use.
- Similar to
- Alvar Aalto (Designer)
- Height: 58.25 in. (147.96 cm)
- Width: 16.25 in. (41.28 cm)
- Depth: 16.75 in. (42.55 cm)
- Mid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- United States
- Date of Manufacture
- Wear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor fading. Structurally sound, nice patina-- good condition for its age with minor losses to the finish.